Diltiazem cream for anal fissure
The diltiazem cream is used to treat anal fissures. Thanks to the proven formula that we utilize, our product:
- Relaxes the internal anal sphincter, making defecation easier;
- Breaks the pain-spasm cycle
- Stimulates the blood circulation in the anal area, setting the right conditions, in order to promote anal fissure healing.
Diltiazem is primarily used in the treatment of hypertension and some types of arrhythmia. It relaxes the smooth muscles in the walls of arteries, which improves the blood flow and lowers the blood pressure. Diltiazem ointment applied locally can be used to lower the muscle tone in the anal canal. By achieving relaxation of the anal sphincter we can break the pain-spasm cycle. Studies have shown that the topical treatment with 2% diltiazem cream is effective and can help heal up to 70% of the chronic anal fissures.
The diltiazem cream that you can order from this site will be compounded for you. The preparation comes in a simple plastic or glass container of 40ml, that should be used for a month. The topical diltiazem 2% solution that we offer is going to be prepared carefully, according to an approved formula. No prescription is required.
How to use the diltiazem cream?
The diltiazem cream is for rectal application only, which means it has to be inserted inside the anus. Apply a small amount of the ointment to your finger (aprox. 1-2 cm) and insert inside the anus. Rotate to spread well. A finger cover or a disposable glove may be used. Wash your hands well with soap and hot water prior and after usage.
It is important to use the diltiazem cream every day during the course of treatment. Use the cream twice a day, preferably after defecation and before going to sleep. The treatment is usually indicated for 4-8 weeks or more. If your symptoms have not resolved during this time, you may want to consult a medical specialist.
The ointment works best when the anal fissure is still acute. One container (40ml) should last about a month, depending on your usage. The cream is safe to use for 2 months after the manufacturing date. Store it away from heating sources and direct sunlight.
The most common side effects (infrequent) reported are:
- headaches – usually mild and only present when you begin the treatment. If the headache does not resolve, please consult your doctor.
- light-headedness or dizziness, especially after application, since it can lower blood pressure.
- local itching.
- If you allergic to the active ingredient – diltiazem hydrochloride;
- If you are pregnant;
- If you suffer from a heart condition and take medications for it;
- If you take medications for blood pressure (such as diltiazem or nifidipine);
In such case, please consult a doctor before purchasing or using this cream.
Active ingredient: diltiazem hydrochloride 2%.